A Unique and Innovative Culture
Life at Calspan
We have developed a unique and innovative culture at Calspan based on the five tenets of our employee value proposition: Be Connected, Be Developed, Be Balanced, Be Community and Be Recognized. By stimulating a positive environment, embracing our values and recognizing employee contributions, we enjoy collective success.
Be Connected means:
- Focusing on internal communication
- Openly sharing information
- Timely sharing of information
- Sharing across all business units
- Sharing information in a transparent / open forum
Be Developed means:
- Employees focusing on what they do and how they do it, along with what and how they can perform better
- Working on minimizing the effect of gap areas and strengthening talent areas
- Supporting employee’s desire to grow and increasing their abilities to contribute
Be Balanced means:
- Time balance
- Wellness balance
- Activity balance
Be Recognized means:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefit offerings
- Recognition programs
- Promotional opportunities
- Reward programs
Be Community Means:
- Providing opportunities for employees to give back to their communities
- Leveraging the benefits of a group of employees to be good citizens and supportive of our neighbors
- Remaining committed to being responsible corporate citizens
Accountability and Going the Extra Mile
At Calspan, we do whatever it takes to ensure our customer is satisfied. The fabric of our culture is also reflected in our three company values: Be Inclusive, Be Accountable and Be Innovative. Employees understand what is expected of them and focus on achieving individual goals and facilitating team success. We work hard, and once we’ve achieved our goal, we also celebrate success.
At the core of our culture is teamwork and collaboration which builds trust, loyalty and enthusiasm. We strive for transparency and timely communication internally and externally with our customers. We know the best ideas are usually the result of great minds working together for achieving mission success.
“How can this be done better?” Asking that question is just one of the ways innovation is defined at Calspan. We seek to expand our skills and abilities by encouraging input from everyone, questioning assumptions, validating them with facts and taking managed risks to expand our knowledge, business, and technologies.