FMVSS Compliance Crash Tests
FMVSS Crash Tests
Automobiles sold in the U.S. must conform and certify compliance to Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS). Calspan works with automobile innovators by orchestrating crash tests to determine compliance with mandatory FMVSS. These regulations are issued by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), which has a legislative mandate under Title 49 of the United States Code, Chapter 301 Motor Vehicle Safety. NHTSA’s mission is to reduce deaths, injuries and economic losses resulting from motor vehicle crashes. This is accomplished by setting and enforcing safety performance standards for motor vehicles.
FMVSS Crash Tests Capabilities/Features
Calspan supports innovators in the automobile industry by offering the following FMVSS vehicle crash tests:
- FMVSS 208, Occupant Crash Protection
- FMVSS 212, Windshield Mounting
- FMVSS 219, Windshield Zone Intrusion
- FMVSS 301F, Fuel System Integrity – Frontal Impact Tests
- FMVSS 301L, Fuel System Integrity – Lateral Impact Tests
- FMVSS 301R, Fuel System Integrity – Rear Impact Tests
- FMVSS 301S, Fuel System Integrity – School Buses Over 10,000 Pounds GVWR
- FMVSS 303, Fuel System Integrity – Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) Vehicles
- FMVSS 305, Electric Powered Vehicles – Electrolyte Spillage and Electrical Shock Protection
- FMVSS No. 214P, Dynamic Side Impact Protection – Rigid Pole Side Impact Test
- FMVSS No. 214D, Dynamic Side Impact Protection – Moving Deformable Barrier Test
Customers that engage our expertise in the area of FMVSS vehicle crash tests enjoy the following benefits:
- Calspan’s designation as an approved NHTSA Independent Laboratory (Compliance + NCAP tests).
- Personnel who are highly familiar with NHTSA regulations and test procedures.
- Proven ability to execute both complex and highly data-intensive tests, as well as standards tests.
To learn more about services related to FMVSS, visit the following pages: