Transducer Calibration Services For Crash Testing
Transducers are test devices with an electrical output signal that is directly proportional to the force being applied. Calspan has the specialized equipment and knowledge to calibrate transducers used in crash testing, including:
- Linear and Rotary Potentiometers
- String Potentiometers
- Chest Potentiometers
- Q3s IR-TRACC Calibration
- Load Cells (variety of Pancake-Style & Dummy-Specific)
Transducer Calibration Capabilities/Features
Calspan has an experienced staff, knowledgeable in transducer calibration. We follow a regimented process and use documentation that includes work instructions, checklists, data sheets, and quality checks. Our methodology has been time-proven through the successful execution of crash tests for decades for NHTSA, where a mistake could require a repeat test at our lab’s expense, including the cost of a replacement vehicle. The Calspan team understands that accurately calibrating transducers is the first step toward crash test success.
Calspan customers that engage our expertise in Transducer Calibration receive innumerable benefits, including:
- The knowledge that our work will result in the timeliness of testing and quick turnaround, so crash testing is not delayed.
- Confidence in the data from crash tests, since the transducers have been accurately calibrated.
- Knowing we will do what it takes to get the job done.
To learn about services related to transducer calibration, check out these pages: