Tire Research & Testing Facility
Tire Performance Testing
Calspan’s Tire Performance Testing team provides tire research and testing services. The unique capabilities of the laboratory are used to help innovators measure and understand tire performance and characteristics for all types of tires, including those used on automobiles, motorcycles, trucks, and aircraft; off-road; by the military; and in motorsports.
Using the world’s most powerful flat track tire testing machine, combined with more than 40 years of tire research and testing experience, Calspan’s talented engineers support tire and vehicle manufacturers worldwide with R&D projects and bringing new innovations to market. Measuring tires can be a challenging task, but, thanks to proven quality procedures, measurement quality and repeatability can be ensured, making subsequent analysis and modeling more precise and efficient.
Calspan's test facility is equipped to perform dynamic tire testing to characterize important tire attributes. With the support of our design office, electronics/software developers, and machine shop, custom test setups can quickly and effectively be put in place to meet any tire research or test needs.
The experienced Calspan Tire Performance Testing team helps customers in three major ways:
- Ensuring the quality and accuracy of measurements
- Determining how to best conduct a test and measure relevant aspects of tire performance
- Making sure the testing is designed for the specific type of tire being tested
As a solution provider for innovators, we can:
- Closely follow customer instructions on very detailed and complex test procedures
- Help customers design test plans and assist with data analysis and tire modeling, which ensures our customers will be able to directly use their data in their development process
- Store tires in a secure and climate-controlled environment with 24/7 security surveillance
- Support customers with tire logistics such as shipping, customs clearance and tire recycling
Take a virtual tour of our facility
Meet our Tire Performance Testing Team Leaders
Calspan uses innovation, creative engineering and insightful expertise to help guide projects to success, based on a simple premise: following industry best practices, partnering and collaborating with our customers, and using a process of continuous improvement. To learn more about our Tire Research and Performance Testing team leaders, select any of the names below.