The American Society of Mechanical Engineers is hosting its annual Turbomachinery Technical Conference and Exposition at the Phoenix Convention Center in Arizona, June 17-21. Calspan Systems will be on-site showcasing our turbomachinery test rig capabilities in booth 539.
Calspan is a vertically integrated supplier of turbomachinery test rigs with the demonstrated ability to design, manufacture, instrument and assemble complex rigs. Each test rig can be specifically designed to aid customers in validating new technologies and products. Past projects include fans, compressors, combustors, turbines, and many other special system rigs. Calspan has the in-house capability to fully engineer the test article (including the instrumentation suite), manufacture the parts, apply the instrumentation, assemble the rig, and support the rig testing at third-party test facilities.
Calspan’s turbomachinery test rig capability resides in-house, at our 93,000 ft² facility in Newport News, Virginia, where we routinely execute:
- Technical requirements capture and management
- Rig concept engineering
- Solution development and validation using proven analysis tools and methods
- Precision machining utilizing our sophisticated CNC machine shop with multiple 5-axis milling machines, lathes, mill-turn centers and wire EDM’s
- Rake and probe manufacture
- Instrumentation sensor application, lead out and check out
- Modular assembly, checks, and sub-system testing
- Final rig assembly and preparation for delivery to the test facility
These processes are all executed within our robust ISO 9001:2015/AS9100 (Rev. D) Quality Management System.
To learn more about Calspan and our capabilities or to discuss the future of turbomachinery, visit us in Booth 539 in the Phoenix Convention Center in Phoenix, Arizona June 18-20, 2019.