Aerospace Test Equipment Design & FabricationCalspan has supported the Aerospace Industry by providing test equipment design and manufacturing services for more than 40 years. Our team in Newport News, Virginia provides engineering design and analysis services as well as manufacturing, assembly, instrumentation, testing and field support of our products. Our offerings and expertise in wind tunnel test equipment and services include the design and fabrication of wind tunnel models, model positioning systems, rotor test stands and wind tunnel blades. Our support of the turbine engine OEM community includes the design, fabrication and instrumentation of turbomachinery rigs for fans, compressors, combustors and turbines. Calspan’s Flutter Exciter Systems are the standard in the industry and have been in service for more than 25 years. Our in-house manufacturing capabilities have been developed to support a one-off product philosophy and provide quick turn service for prototype systems and components. Calspan’s extensive machine shop capability combined with a composite fabrication shop allow us to provide a wide range of products and services utilizing multiple materials and manufacturing and processes. Finally, our experienced engineering and systems design team provides our customers with the right solutions for their most difficult and challenging issues and stands ready to provide global product support.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- One-Stop-Shop services for Wind Tunnel Operators and aerospace OEM’s from design and analysis of models through testing in Calspan’s Transonic Wind Tunnel.
- In-house design and manufacturing of fully instrumented Turbo Machinery Test Rigs
- Quick turn design and fabrication of prototypes in both metal and composites
- Extensive Rotor Systems engineering and manufacturing expertise for both development and production test requirements
- Flight test services and support available through Calspan’s flight testing and training