Composite Design & FabricationCalspan has provided composite design and fabrication of composite components to both the Aerospace and Marine industries for more than 25 years. Our expertise in rapid design and manufacturing techniques provides a cost effective solution for the development of prototype and low to medium production composite components and systems. Our facility and equipment allow us to manufacture composite tooling in-house while providing the flexibility to produce components with both in-autoclave and out-of-autoclave processes. Calspan’s experience composite technicians have the expertise to work with various materials and lay-up techniques.
Features and Benefits
- Composite design and analysis is performed using 3D cad and composite analysis tools
- Calspan’s In-house machine shop provides rapid manufacturing for composite tooling and fixtures
- Our autoclave and Out-Of-Autoclave processes allow us to produce wide range of composite components and sizes
- In-house painting and finishing capability provides the capability required to fabricate composite Radar Cross Section models and systems
- Composite processes are OEM approved for flight hardware applications
- Our multiple clean rooms provide the capacity and flexibility to run a number of programs simultaneously