Wind Tunnel Fan & Compressor Blades
Calspan’s experienced design and manufacturing team has been supporting wind tunnel operators around the world with engineering and fabrication of wind tunnel fan and compressor blades for over 40 years. Our team can re-engineer existing blades in composite, metal or wood including Sitka Spruce construction, or perform design and analysis for clean sheet and facility upgrade requirements. Our in-house composite shop combined with our extensive CNC machining capabilities enable Calspan to provide our customers with a one-stop-shop solution for all of their blade needs.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Design and analysis of wind tunnel fan and compressor blades is performed using 3D CAD and analysis tools
- Composite, metal and wood fabrication and test is performed in our 93,000 square foot facility in Newport News, Virginia
- Laser inspection and 3D modeling of existing blades is used to re-engineer and improve existing designs
- Static and dynamic balancing of blades is performed to ensure in service performance and maintenance is optimized
- Installation support is provided on-site by our experienced engineers and technicians