World-Class Flight Training Services
ADVANCED FLIGHT TRAININGThe Calspan name has become synonymous with world-class flight training in many circles, including test pilot and engineer education, and Pilot-Induced Oscillation (PIO) training. We have teamed with a variety of well-respected aerospace organizations to provide the highest level of advanced flight training and aerospace education including six of the seven Society of Experimental Test Pilots (SETP) recognized test pilot schools around the world. Some of Calspan’s prominent collaborators include:
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Japanese Civil Aviation Bureau (JCAB)
- U.S. Naval Test Pilot School
- U.S. Air Force Test Pilot School
- Empire UK Test Pilot School (UK)
- EPNER (French) Test Pilot School
- Indian Air Force Test Pilot School
- National Test Pilot School
- Test Flying Academy of South Africa (TFASA)
- International Test Pilot School (ITPS)
IN-FLIGHT TRAINING SERVICES + CAPABILITIESThe Calspan Advanced Flight Training team has trained thousands of military and commercial pilots within the U.S. and internationally. At the core of our advanced flight training are four Learjet In-Flight Simulators (IFS) flown by experienced former U.S. military test pilots. These aircraft are modified with a programmable Fly-by-Wire Flight Control System to allow for the demonstration of a variety of aircraft flying quality characteristics and PIO triggers.
- All our flight training pilots are U.S. Air Force or Naval Test Pilot School graduates with many years of operational and experimental flight test experience.
- An on-board safety pilot monitors aircraft response and is ready to take control at the push of a button.
- An automatic safety trip system monitors aircraft limits to prevent excursions outside the FAA certified flight envelope