Calspan’s Crash Testing Capabilities are Expansive
Calspan's crash lab features two fully enclosed crash halls, outfitted in MESSRING technology, secure test vehicle preparation bays, and an ATD calibration lab. Two-time winner of the Crash Test Facility of the year, the lab was designed based on customer feedback and features safety, security, and efficiency not available anywhere else in North America.
- Two Crash Halls
- Frontal Barrier Crash Hall: 75 ft. x 90 ft. (22.86 m x 27.43 m)
- Side Impact/High Energy Crash Hall: 160 ft. x 90 ft. (48.77 m x 27.43 m)
- Two Expansive Test Vehicle Preparation Bays for Supporting Vehicle Programs
- Instrumentation Calibration & Anthropomorphic Test Device (ATD) Qualification Lab.
- Private, Customer Rooms Integral with Vehicle Preparation Bays for Easy Access to Test Vehicles
- Integral and Secure Shipping and Receiving Dock for Loading / Unloading Vehicles within the Facility.
- Ample Storage Space for Test Cars, Components and Associated Equipment
- Vehicle into Vehicle
- Vehicle into Barrier
- Moving Deformable Barrier (MDB) into Vehicle
- Vehicle into Pole