Tests to Evolving Standards
Calspan is an independent test laboratory and the leading most authority in executing vehicle crash tests to test protocols being proposed by regulatory bodies and safety authorities. This expertise is a result of Calspan’s assistance in the development of such protocols like the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA) Frontal Oblique test procedure and by having the specialized test equipment and intrinsic knowledge to execute crash tests using the both the 50th percentile male Test Device for Human Occupant Restraint (THOR) and WorldSID with RibEye. Crash tests to NHTSA, IIHS and EuroNCAP proposed test standards.
- Full Frontal Impact into Barrier - THOR
- Side Moving Deformable Barrier (MDB) - WorldSID
- Side Oblique Pole - WorldSID
- Frontal Oblique - THORs
- Side Impact Testing - WorldSID with RibEye
- Mobile Progressive Deformable Barrier (MPDB) - THOR
When Calspan executes a vehicle crash test, its takes the approach of “running the test as it was being run for itself.” Put another way, Calspan’s highly skilled and experienced personnel sweat the details to make sure every is just right before running a test. This includes following its ISO 17025 process that establishes ownership, accountability and secondary quality checks at key milestones before the process can proceed.
There are innumerable benefits that customers receive when working with Calspan. A few of these include Calspan’s ability to:
- Work as a collaborative and flexible partner.
- Develop a test plan; which includes advice and specific recommendations.
- Willingness to make investments in support of large vehicle development programs.
- Design and fabricate custom test fixtures and equipment.
- Provide test data in a customer’s specific/native format.