Tire Data Analysis & Modeling Services
TIRE RESEARCH & MODELING
To manage testing quality and efficiency for innovators, Calspan has a custom suite of software in place, which provides essential tools to test engineers, technicians, and mechanics who seek to achieve superior test quality for their tire models. The tire test database contains logs of every single test run that has been carried out, making it easy to go back and compare new data to old data.
Several data post-processing tools have been developed to make subsequent tire data analysis and tire modeling faster and more accurate. If a certain test requires specific post-processing procedures, they can easily be implemented in the tool chain.
TIRE RESEARCH SERVICES
Calspan’s talented engineers support innovators by working in collaboration to solve the most demanding tire performance questions. Whether it be through analyzing tire performance data or developing and then executing custom test programs, Calspan has the expertise and is here to help.
In the process of developing a test program, we first define the objectives and then organize the order of execution to efficiently facilitate discovery and ultimately provide data in a format that answers the objectives of such experiments. We also provide support by post-processing data and analyzing results to ensure customers get the answers that they are seeking.
For customers with little or no experience in tire testing or analysis, our engineers are available to walk through every step of the process, to ensure the tire data helps solve the problem at hand. Get in touch today to see how we can help with your project.
Through the use of vehicle simulation, fewer prototypes need to be built and a better end product can be developed in shorter time – but to accurately simulate a vehicle, its tires’ behavior must be accurately simulated as well.
Calspan has vast experience in testing tires for tire modelling purposes. In fact, many tire model formulations have been developed based on Calspan data. The forces generated in the contact patches of a tire play a critical role in a vehicle’s overall performance and stability. We test for most types of tire models: such as Pacejka/Magic Formula and more complex models like SWIFT, F-Tire, and CDTire. Calspan designs test programs based on the model’s application to generate the most relevant data and ensure high-fidelity. Thanks to capabilities of our machine, the test programs almost never have to be designed around its limitations. Instead, tires are tested in the most relevant conditions, resulting in better data for the tire modeling process.
- Calspan’s secure test database tracks every single tire, test procedure, test run and data file.
- Calspan’s data analysis and visualization tools, used by ourselves and our customers, feature an intuitive interface that makes it easy to investigate data within seconds of the test being finished.
- Quality algorithms automatically detect any deviations during a test to ensure all data is collected as intended.
- Calspan’s Intelligent Testing Software is a flexible software platform used to control the test machine.
- Calspan’s software group can provide custom software development services to support tire data analysis tasks and custom procedure controls.
Tire Research Services
- Calspan’s experienced tire engineers can help design tire test procedures that ensure accurate and efficient collection of tire data for specific customer needs.
- We provide in-depth support by measuring, analyzing and characterizing any aspect of tire performance.
- Calspan has the expertise to collect tire data to create any type of tire model that can be used in full vehicle simulation durability, ride and handling simulations.
Calspan customers that engage our expertise in the areas of Testing Software, Tire Research Services and Tire Modeling receive innumerable benefits, including:
- Knowing all their data is secure, organized and can be easily accessed at any time.
- Having full insight into the testing process and the ability to make changes at a moment’s notice.
- Taking advantage of our use of real-time feedback and logics engines, which allow us to control test procedures by the output of the tire and results in higher quality data and more efficient testing.
- Receiving data in all commonly used tire data and model formats, such as ASCII, TYDEX and TIR, plus knowing we also support custom formats.
- Reducing the need for uncertain extrapolation when using a tire model in vehicle simulation.
- Enjoying easy travel to our facility and amenities like dedicated workstations in direct proximity to test operators and test engineers.
- Taking advantage of our team’s expertise, professionalism and flexibility.
Want to know more about testing at Calspan? Reach out today to see how Calspan's tire experts can help with your next project.